Under The Cue

Under The Cue


Under the Cue is a blog about family, genealogy, emotions, or anything else that suits my fancy.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Praying Out Loud What I Want

I took time to go the the County Convention today, all day. Last week, all week I had been trying to clean my office. The clutter was so bad that I would trip over things. I couldn't find the bills I was supposed to pay. So I knew I had to change what I was doing. Little did I know that the change came when I changed how I was praying. I used to pray, "God please help me clean this clutter."

I've been praying for God to help me for a long time. Last week I started saying what I wanted to happen. I started saying out loud; I'm organized, I love a clean and neat house, I'm creative, I'm able to make decisions, etc. Before I had been beating myself up for not being organized, for having a cluttered house, and not being able to make decisions. I've done that for years. I think it's because that's the message I got from my mother about myself. After I started speaking out loud to myself what I wanted I was able to do those things I'd been wanting for years. I was saying those things as a prayer to God. You have no idea how thankful I am. I thank God. I used to feel like I was going crazy with all the clutter and messes. I'd feel so bad I'd cry. I would do other things instead of tackle the clutter. It's only been a week and I'm nearly finished with the office. Jesus, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment