Under The Cue

Under The Cue


Under the Cue is a blog about family, genealogy, emotions, or anything else that suits my fancy.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tweaking Cookie Recipes

I have tweaked my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe again. It was better than the last four or five tweaks. Tomorrow I hope to do more tweaking on the recipe. I want to get it so good that it will win MONEY in a contest. I won't give out the recipe until I've entered it in a contest or two. I know it has ingredients that most people don't have in their home. People should start to use other things than white flour and white sugar. Those things have all the nutrients taken out of them.

This last cookie tweak I took samples to my youngest son and his sons, my grandsons, and they liked them. I hope they weren't being kind. I told them to tell me what they thought so I can change the recipe for the better.

I would like to have more time to devote to making my own recipes so I could make my own recipe book with healthier recipes. I have lots of cook books but they call for white flour and white sugar. Every time I eat white flour I end up with a headache and lots of mucus. I have to clear my throat all the time.

One ingredient I use is Buckwheat flour. It has more protein in it than white flour. It is actually good for you. I'll write more about this recipe when I have it tweaked again. This next time I'm changing the amount of the flour. I'm using the same 2 cups but I'm going to use different quantities of the different flours. Fun, fun.

When my husband comes home some days and asks whats for dinner I have to tell him I have no idea. Even though there is something cooking on the stove I have no idea what it's called. Sometimes those are good and sometimes we agree not to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment