Under The Cue

Under The Cue


Under the Cue is a blog about family, genealogy, emotions, or anything else that suits my fancy.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Writer's DreamKit Problem

Writer's DreamKit
Write Brothers, Inc.

click to enlarge

I purchased this software on November 22, 2008 at the Apple Store her at Penn Square Mall. It is software to help me with the writing of my story. Boy do I need help. I installed it late last night, or should I say early in the morning. As I was doing the installation, which is facilitated over the Internet, I happened to notice it said that this is a trial version. I was very upset because I paid $64.97 for this software and no where on the box or the books inside the package did it mention that this is a trial version of the software.

I sent off an email to a place that sells this software and they responded to me quickly. The problem is they have nothing to do with making the software, only selling it. They were very helpful to let me know that if I had a serial number to insert in the installation process then it is the full version. I had the serial number and typed it in where it asked for it. Even so when it was installed there was the word "trial version" at the end of the process. I had also sent an email to the company that makes the software. I haven't heard a word from them. I wonder if I will hear from them. I'm mad that I paid $64.97 for a trial version. I'm worried that if I type in all the chapters I have written on my book and this software ends suddenly then all my work will be lost.

I would like to hear from this company soon because I wanted to start using the software or get my money back. I guess if I don't hear from them I'll file a complaint with the BBB. Then I'll complain to Apple Store. Then I don't know if I should use this software or not. I guess I can look for a forum that talks about this company and its products.

No comments:

Post a Comment